Industrial Engineer Co-op (Summer/Fall 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01469608 Most Recent Date Posted 08/31/2021 City York State Nebraska Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A06: York - Aerospace 2800 Division Avenue, York, NE, 68467 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second.Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Industrial Engineering Co-op will work on cross-functional teams and individually to complete a variety of projects. This includes performing process time studies, collecting and analyzing computer numeric controlled (CNC) grind operation data, and analyzing production equipment capacities. The Industrial Engineering Co-op will use creative thinking to strategize process improvements, evaluate labor activities for ergonomic concerns, and recommend process enhancements that will improve safety and quality, decrease cost, and increase on-time deliver (OTD).
- Process observations and improvement recommendations (time studies)
- Performance of ergonomic evaluations and creation of observation reports
- Opportunity to lead projects focused on process improvements and standardizations
- CNC grinder data collection with customized equipment and analysis of results in physics-based software
- Review of part flow and recommendations for flow improvement
- Participation on cross-functional project teams
- Formal project presentations to management
- Communication with businesses outside of Collins for various project needs
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- IE or closely related major with 2+ years of formal education in the field
- Experience or course work focused on process ergonomics
- Experience with Minitab and DOE
- Basic understanding of CNC machining and programming logic
- Process mapping experience or formal training
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms