Continuous Improvement Co-op (Spring/Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01464558 Most Recent Date Posted 08/16/2021 City York State Nebraska Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A06: York - Aerospace 2800 Division Avenue, York, NE, 68467 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second.Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The CORE/Continuous Improvement co-op will work with a cross-functional team to implement lean operations, including setting up product flow, KANBAN, and FIFO throughout a precision machining environment. They will support these tasks by completing time observations and data analysis. Utilization of these skills will enable them to recognize opportunities to improve and make user tasks easier to complete and apply solution development, implementation, and follow-up to ensure that the work has made the user process more effective and efficient.
- Support plant site initiatives, projects, and activities, including the application of Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, Quality Engineering, Project Engineering, and discipline specific concepts.
- Process improvement or problem solving projects related to Aerospace component manufacturing, assembly, test, quality, environment health & safety (EH&S), manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and other business functions.
- Development of innovative new solutions to support process robustness and continuous improvement.
- Design of processes and systems to improve plant site quality and/or reduce waste.
- Project management and/or project engineering.
- Participation in cross-functional project teams.
- Formal project presentations to management.
- Communication with businesses outside of Collins for various project needs.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Ability to listen, learn, and communicate with both management and hourly workforce.
- Ability to take direction and come back with solid results/solutions.
- Ability to manage daily tasks and meet timelines.
- Ability to focus on results.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes or restructure of priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and on/with a team.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms