RFC Integration & Implementation Multi-Disciplined Engineer - ContractBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 159128BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Wyton Country United Kingdom
Project Name: SUBTILITAS
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Summary of Role
- Raytheon UK is seeking a Hardware and Systems Integration and Implementation Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to integrate and implement newly designed systems within the Defence Intelligence domain.
- We are seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer to integrate and implement a leading edge system. The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and into Live Operations. The role will include validating and verifying design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors and the integration and testing of those designs into fully functional and operational services. There is also system transition and data migration tasks to be supported.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Interact with Service Design Team for the assignment on integration and implementation tasks.
- Assist in the investigation, resolution and closure of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technical hardware and software issues pertaining to newly implemented and integrated systems.
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate via appropriate channels.
- Providing implementation and integration for the:
- Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers (both physical and virtual), workstations (both physical and virtual), storage and networks (both physical and virtual).
- Integration of the COTS software applications.
- Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
- Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
- Maintaining Systems Lock downs of the system using GAP and SCM generated Active Directory GPOs.
- Preparing and executing test scripts for the physical and virtual hardware.
- Analyse and resolve system hardware defects.
- Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- A knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment.
- Experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements. e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What’s Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Horizon 7 with VDI experience
- VMware virtualisation experience
- Strong scripting capabilities using Powershell and/or VB
- Experience of integrating engineering components from a subcontractor.
- Experienced implementing hardware integration projects.
- Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Current DV clearance or eligible for DV renewal.
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience of Ansible
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
- CISCO Certification.
- VMware Certification.
- VMware NSX-T experience.
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, designing and implementing system transition to include writing scripts and instructions, sequencing tasks, rehearsing and validating plans.
- Data Migration experience.
- A team player, co-operative and positive.
- Methodical, with attention to detail.
- A Finisher – who delivers what he commits to do, resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Energy and Drive.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Staying Power. maintains personal motivation over the long haul.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.