Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169310BR Date posted 09/29/2020 City Woburn State MA Country United States
Systems Engineer I or Systems Engineer II - Woburn
Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
If you answered “yes”, then the Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) Directorate is interested in you. Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense. As a Systems Engineer, you will perform system level integration on our complex systems and perform technical testing to demonstrate system performance to our customers. Join a world class team of systems engineers who are building defense technologies to make the world a safer place. Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
Ballistic Missile Defense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5VmVwfWmk
USS Zumwalt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjXkuMWXlQ
Air and Missile Defense Radar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNkUx9vguQ8
Opportunities for Systems Engineers currently exist within SI&T's Early Warning Radars and C2 Systems Department in Woburn, MA. Our personnel execute integration, verification, validation, and sell off for numerous defense programs with a primary focus on domestic and international radar and C2 systems. This particular role can be filled as a G6 or a G7, depending on the number of years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the hardware configuration of test equipment and tactical hardware
- Perform integration and test activities in house or at site locations
- Perform tasks independently and at off-site locations
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (G7 only)
- Strong networking skills consistent with CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Strong LINUX/UNIX system skills consistent with CompTIA Server+ Certification
- Strong RedHat Linux skills consistent with RHEL (V7) System Administrator Certification,
- Experience installing, managing or maintaining network storage utilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technologies, Computer/Network Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain a security clearance; only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Willingness to travel to off-site locations to support integration and test activities
- Experience with HP Ethernet and infiniband switches
- RedHat Linux (V7) System Administrator Certification
- RedHat Linux Kickstart System Installation Experience
- CompTIA – Server+ & Network+ Certification
- Experience with NSA Encryptors
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) security standards, SCAP scanning, ACAS scanning, STIGs
- Experience with Cyber mitigation (Application Whitelisting, ACLs, RBAC)
- Experience with Radius, IdM (Identity Management)
- Experience with ForcePoint Next Gen firewall config and management
- Experience with Luks encryption
- Experience with System monitoring software, preferably OpManager
- Experience with NetApp configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Experience with DDS communications
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.169310
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.