Sr Principal Systems EngrBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167104BR Date posted 08/26/2020 City MA State Marlborough Country MA
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The System of Systems Modeling and Architecture Directorate performs customer focused operational analysis and simulation activities within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). Supporting this mission are teams driving flexible integration solutions crossing all product areas (sensors, effectors, command and control, logistics and operations), developing tools and methods to evaluate system level analysis and visualization based on customer requirements. The team welcomes you to join our tradition of excellence through innovation and teamwork while championing individual diversity in a flexible work environment to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
We are looking for motivated engineers with broad DoD mission skills coupled with deep subject matter expertise in radar, sensor, C2, effortor data analysis & analytics to create novel system of system products. The engineer will need to be proficient at using Python, Matlab, or Java for technical modeling, simulation or analysis. The engineer will work at our Tewksbury, Marlborough, or Woburn locations to join our team in the development of novel system of system architectures to deliver best of breed solutions to our customers. The team applies modeling, simulation, analysis of real-world and modeled data to create deep understanding of needs/constraints and breakdown traditional stovepiped systems to assemble dynamic system-of-system solutions. The systems engineer will analyze end-to-end system needs, in particular to understand system interfaces and data connectivity requirements across the kill-chain. Tasks will include analyzing data, understanding performance requirements, developing metrics, developing or implementing algorithms to cleanse, process, and combine products from multiple systems to provide next-generation performance across the entire system of systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Software engineering and development experience in Python, C++, or Java
- Scientific data analysis with Matlab and other tools
- Systems/mission modeling and simulation applied to DoD
- Use of Linux and Windows as data analysis/processing platforms, and data storage in databases
- Technical depth in at least one of the following: Radar data processing/analysis, EOIR sensing, DoD Command and control (C5I) systems, DoD modeling and simulation
- This position requires DOD a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- This position requires a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Knowledge of elements across the kill chain including sensors, C5I, and effectors, along with DoD systems & concepts of operation
- Technical skills including radar data processing, virtualization/containerization using Docker or Kubernetes, strong knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases, information buses like RabbitMQ, Radar modeling and simulation, Command and Control modeling and simulation, communications systems, familiarity with space operations
- Top Secret with SCI access
Keywords: Systems engineering, data architecture, radar engineering, modeling and simulation, space operations, DOD operations, DOD kill-chains, radar data processing
At RTX, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by RTX employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
RTX has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, RTX offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits RTX offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor 167104
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.