Senior Mechanical Engineer-Tactical RadarBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 188551BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/20/2021 City Woburn State MA Country United States
Our Mechanical Products Team leads the mechanical design, development and integration of ground based and mobile systems. The department is comprised of individuals with technical expertise in hardware design, integration and production support. The Mechanical Products Team uses state-of-the-art tools, processes technology and Six Sigma principles.
The Tactical Radar Products Department is seeking a professional candidate for a Senior Mechanical Engineer position to work within the Ground Shelter and Mobile Systems section.
The Ground Shelter and Mobile Systems perform preliminary design, detailed design, release to production, fabrication and assembly & integration across multiple product lines. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: Using preliminary sketches, diagrams, and other engineering information to generate 3-D design models and/or conceptual designs. Performing the detail design, and working with the design leads for the completion of the Technical Data Packages (TDP) for mechanical subsystems. Perform design services across all program phases focused mainly on mechanical design, production engineering support, OCONUS Production localization and TDP Development/ Maintenance.
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you are passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Overseeing the development of preliminary sketches, diagrams, and other engineering information to generate 3-D design models and/or conceptual designs
- Leading detailed designs, working with functional leads, or implementing site OCONUS activities.
- Working within a team environment to develop innovative mechanical subsystems with solid modeling practices and drawing creation using CAD tools such as Creo Parametric, Solidworks, or equivalent.
- Experienced with solid modeling practices and drawing creation using CAD tools such as Creo Parametric, Solidworks, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, capabilities and limitations
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- 5 years’ experience required
- Prior work experience leading mechanical subsystems documentation using CAD software
- Experience with mechanical design applications and fabrication processes
- Experience with applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5M-1994
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Creo Parametric CAD tool
- Experience with Windchill 10.0 PDM link or an equivalent configuration management system
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-31000, ASME Y14.24, ASME Y14.100
- Collaborate in a team environment whether in office or working from home.
- Self-motivated with strong organization and leadership skills
Position can be remote during the COVID pandemic, and will report onsite at a future, undetermined date.
*Some international travel will be required
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube:
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances is on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm188551
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.