Section Manager - Systems EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 163248BR Date posted 06/12/2020 City Woburn State MA Country United States
Bring your talent and skills to the following Raytheon Technologies Missile and Defense (RMD) Business:
The System Integration and Test Directorate is responsible for integration, test and validation activities for RMD Programs. System Integration and Test employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. System Integration and Test employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of RMD’s most sophisticated systems and technologies. Our System Engineers work with other RMD Engineering disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and verify system requirements in support of final selloff to the customer.
Opportunity currently exists within System Integration and Test in Woburn, MA for a Section Manager - Systems Engineering. The team works on IV&V Data Analysis, integration, verification, validation, and sell off for numerous defense programs with a primary focus on Radar Systems. The manager role is performed in parallel with programmatic tasks.
The department is in need of a Section Manager as a Front Line Leader (FLL) and responsibilities include:
- Supervises and leads a team of approximately 20 members.
- Establishes meaningful and measureable goals and communicate effectively with team to ensure alignment with the department and our company.
- Conducts formal and informal performance reviews and career development discussions.
- Leads by example, adheres to and ensures alignment with our Values and Behaviors.
- Collaborates with multi-facet teams in the operation, testing and troubleshooting of systems.
- Plans and executes independently software/ systems integration plans and schedules.
- Prepares presentations and written communication for various stakeholders on program, team and internal customers.
- Interact with Program Managers, CPT/Directorate Leads, as well as other functional management to drive results to achieve program and business objectives. Supports System Integration and Test program hiring goals as well as leads the onboarding of new section personnel.
- BS degree in engineering or science curriculum
- Minimum Eight (8) + years overall engineering experience.
- Experience in the operation, test and troubleshooting of complex military systems
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim within 30 days from date of hire
- Experience as a radar systems engineer with one or more of the following; developing radars or radar sub-systems, operating radars, testing radars, developing software for radar systems
- Experience with software/systems integration planning and execution.
- Experience with EVMS (Earned Value Management System or similar budget tracking system)
- MS degree in engineering or science curriculum
- Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Knowledge with the Performance Development Process.
- EVMS Certified Level II.
- Certified Six Sigma Specialist.
- Experience with our Proposal Capture Process (development of compliant Basis of Estimates, and White Sheet Development).
- Experience with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process and Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System.
- Knowledge with business and program improvements through process improvement methodologies.
- Experience using DOORS requirements management tool for developing and linking requirements to test procedures
- Development of integration, verification, and validation planning documentation of integration and test plans, procedures, reports, status reports, and other related documentation.
- Experience and interest in working with lab equipment and measurements
- Experience with MATLAB
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.