Manager, Commodity Sourcing - CompositesBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01479434 Most Recent Date Posted 10/18/2021 City Winston-Salem State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
This position manages and sources our critical composite materials and decorative laminate material and part requirements in support of all platforms and programs. A role critical in supply chain mapping and strategizing to optimize market source capacity and technology to support our platform and program seat builds. Develops supplier relationships, standards, and networks in support of organization’s target prices, quality standards, service timing, and reliability of supply. Establishes strategy for supplier selection via negotiations of price, lead time, service, and quality requirements.
• Establishes elements of commodity / account management and strategic sourcing plans.
• Develops supply chain standards and networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions.
• Approves the selection of suppliers to meet the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
• Establishes strategy for negotiating awards contracts, specifying spending limits and qualified sources of supply.
• Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs.
• Reviews and recommends supply markets to source for the best practices.
• Directs negotiations with suppliers, and analyzes supplier operations to determine factors that affect prices, and to determine the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
• Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
• Responsible for overall relationship with multiple supply sources both internally and externally to support composite and laminate build and material requirements.
• Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature. Supports MTA and PA agreements as required.
• Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed RTX requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
• Prior experience leading large scale composite builds and part sourcing requirements is highly preferred
• Aerospace seating experience with this type of build requirement is highly preferred.
• Negotiation and ability to secure the best pricing strategy for our programs and platforms.
• Ability to create, execute, analyze, and assess RFQ’s from suppliers while awarding to the best source that minimizes supply chain risk while maximizing metals requirements in support of platforms and builds, is critical.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms