Cost Engineering Intern (Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01463746 Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City Winston-Salem State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC34: US107-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The Intern, Cost Engineer, position is for an Engineering or Supply Chain student. The role is structured within the Interiors Systems Corporate Supply Services Chain organization, but will support the specific needs of the Evacuation, Water Systems, Interior Products and Seating business unit.
In the role, the individual will partner with the Product Engineering, Corporate Engineering, Commodity Management, Supply Chain and Operations to identify, lead and deliver cost reduction projects. This role requires a technical knowledge of several manufacturing disciplines to objectively critique and recommend cost driven improvements. The role also requires fundamental working knowledge of engineering principles like electronics, thermodynamics and materials to determine cost savings opportunities. In the role, the individual will also contribute to new product development projects to avoid cost overages and improve margin.
Skills that will be required include a combination of project management, engineering/manufacturing knowledge and a proven ability to integrate and function in multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to self-motivate, work in ambiguous environments and determine industrious solutions to move projects forward.
- Work all three streams of cost management; sourcing, negotiation and engineering.
- Leads efforts to optimize cost, minimize risk, increase cash, and eliminate waste at the program and commodity level.
- Use CAD and Data Analytics to evaluate designs and generate details necessary to propose and sell cost savings opportunities to business units.
- Work with site specific IPT groups to execute the cost savings projects through redesign, certification and sourcing.
- Challenge existing design concepts and technology choices to ensure products are designed to optimize cost and quality.
- Drives for cultural change in design/sourcing practices to enable significant product cost savings
- Monitors new products/technologies available on the market to satisfy project requirements, and reduce costs.
- Tracks and socializes alternative technologies and associated implications on cost, quality and risk.
- Manage high risk and complexity work package transfers; buy-to-buy and make-to-buy, buy-to-make.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms