Power Plant Operator I - Rotating ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01462038 Most Recent Date Posted 10/11/2021 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
The Powerhouse Technician will plan and perform a variety of duties to maintain powerhouse equipment to provide services to process operation throughout facility. Practice and comply with environmental, health and safety directions and procedures.
Required to work rotating shifts which may include all 24 hours and 7 days of a week. Available for emergency facility coverage for nights, weekends, and holidays
- Maintain, troubleshoot, modify, repair and inspect a variety of boilers and associated equipment both on and off site.
- Operate and adjust equipment to provide maximum efficiency.
- Take water samples on boilers and tower water systems, analyze results and take corrective action.
- Under the direction of watch engineer, changeover boilers using alternate fuels, oils or gas.
- As demand peaks, may be required to start up additional equipment.
- Work from complex blueprints, drawings manuals, charts, graphs and instructions to perform a variety of powerhouse duties.
- Record daily performance of boiler operations and analysis, log sheets and records. Take corrective action.
- Operate over the road vehicle and power industrial truck.
- Respond to emergencies such as malfunctioning of controls, boiler failures, tower and chiller water supply. May assume watch engineer responsibilities during normal operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a variety of boilers and controls. Update preventative maintenance requirements as needed.
- Maintain inventory and identify replacement parts, submit lists to supervisor.
- Start up and operate standby equipment or make temporary repairs to meet demand until permanent repairs can be completed. Shutdown or activate compressors as required.
- Monitor fire and security pumping system, run pumps and monitor fire tank
- Required to remain at work station during evacuations unless there is imminent danger
- Requires well-rounded knowledge in computer program for monitoring and controlling compressor systems, remote mechanical building systems and equipment.
- Required to hold certification in lock-out tag-out, confined space, and respirators also hazardous material familiarization
- Supervise the delivery of fuel oil and ensure compliance with the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan and Storm water Pollution Prevention (SWPP) requirements.
- Instruct one or two fellow employees in the proper performance of duties.
- Improve process and solve problems in cooperation with fellow employees and technical support group.
- Keep equipment and surrounding areas neat and clean.
- Perform related duties as required within the scope of this job function.
- At least 2 years related experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience reading blueprints.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time, climb ladders and occasional exertion to move heavy materials.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to rotate shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
- CT OE2 License or equivalent
- SAP experience
- Forklift certification
- OE2 license or equivalent.
- 4 years’ related experience
- Experience with gas turbines, chillers, and high pressure boilers.
- Experience with waste treatment testing.
- Experience in Carrier Comfort Network (CCN) and Automatically Programmed Tools (APT).
- Previous experience working rotating shifts
- Previous experience working in the aerospace industry
- Knowledge in computer program for monitoring and controlling compressor systems, remote mechanical building systems and equipment.
Experience supervising delivery of fuel oil and ensure compliance with the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan and Storm water Pollution Prevention (SWPP) requirements.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms