Mechanical Test EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01404612 Date posted 10/05/2020 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
- This position includes the responsibilities (but is not limited to): Design, implement, and maintain test processes for Space Systems hardware using lean philosophies and techniques.
- Take a leadership role in driving action in the development, planning & implementation of timely and effective corrective actions for problems during product manufacturing and testing.
- This can involve testing, data analysis, and interface with all aspects of the engineering department.
- Duties include the interpretation/analysis of customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support an appropriate test program.
- Responsibilities also include daily interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer committed hardware and data deliveries are consistently met.
- Typical Duties: Support laboratory testing of Space Station hardware, Develop and validate tooling concepts, Author and maintain operation/test procedures, Preparation of standardized operation/test sheets, Defining test rig and facility requirements, Participation on program Integrated Product Development teams, Review drawings and concepts, and resolve producibility concerns.
- Candidate must have 7+ years of experience working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Experience with advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW desired.
- Experience should include testing of complex mechanical systems, testing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, & accumulators.
- Applicant must have the capability of working independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment and experience in using any type of Publishing Software.
- Familiarity with a modeling and/or design package such as ProE, Creo, or CAD is desired.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable.
- Experience with a MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system is desirable.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Technology, MBA or advanced Engineering degree is desired.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms