Machining BuyerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01470534 Most Recent Date Posted 09/30/2021 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
We are now seeking highly-motivated individuals to join us as supply chain professionals.
This position will support the Space Systems Windsor Locks procurement group. This group is responsible for the procurement of a variety of material including: machined parts, electronic parts and assemblies and major subcontract/engineered items (i.e., supplier-designed valves, motors, sensors, etc…).
The selected candidate will support all phases of the procurement process from source selection and negotiations to post-award administration. Other duties include, but are not limited to: performing various reviews/audits at a supplier's facility, negotiating terms and conditions of purchase with the assistance of UTAS Counsel, coordinating the resolution of supplier issues, reviewing and understanding supplier-generated program schedules, expediting orders to ensure on-time delivery of hardware and other deliverables, and the completion of ad hoc reports for management. Limited domestic travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of direct experience procuring machined components and mechanical assemblies in support of U.S. Government contracts and/or within the aerospace industry.
- Examples of machined components include housings, diffusers, manifolds, and brackets.
- The candidate may also be asked to support procurement of standard (“COTS”) parts and other distributed products as needed.
- A general knowledge of FAR, DFAR, NFS and Export Control (ITAR & EAR) requirements is preferred.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and other technical data is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Industry - Aerospace
Skill sets – Experience with Microsoft Office is required. SAP experience is preferred.
US Citizen/Green card required
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms