Staff Engineer, Manufacturing EngineeringBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01419383 Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Wilson State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Kidde Fire Protection Systems is a global organization providing fully-integrated fire protection systems for aircraft and ground vehicles in both the commercial and government markets. This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering, who designs assembly line and sequence across multiple business units. Implements manufacturing processes and process improvements across multiple cells, executes changes to improve products and reduce costs, and reviews manufacturability of existing and future products.
This position will be supporting the Continuous Fire Detector/Overheat business.
• Creates, designs and modifies assembly lines within plant facilities to ensure the most efficient and productive layout, and that standard factory techniques are used.
• Develops, implements and evaluates operations sequences across multiple business units, leverages best practices for operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including more complex disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
• Designs and implements manufacturing processes, across multiple cells and sites, that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
• Evaluates and ensures mandatory modification, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
• Recommends opportunities and executes changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated use of lean (ACE) and 6sigma tools including value stream mapping, standardized work, statistical capability and ANOVA analysis
• Ability to mentor and coach engineers on writing machine specifications, process requirements, work instructions, problem solving and improving internal customer service
• Reviews and validates recommendations regarding manufacturability of existing and future products and advises modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints.
• Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing. Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
• Ability to work cross functionally with operations, maintenance, quality, and design to implement robust processes.
• Develops procedures for the economical production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
• Develops/Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
• Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
• May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials
• Instrumental in all actions involving new Capital equipment, such as writing capital funding requests, Statement of Work & Validation requirements; interface with vendors, contractors from installation to production.
Demonstrated use of lean (ACE) and 6 Sigma tools including value stream mapping, standardized work, statistical capability and ANOVA analysis
Science Technology Engineering or Math Degree required
Strong communication skills
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms