Buyer - Government ProcurementBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01404687 Date posted 08/04/2020 City Westford State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
- Executes processes, standards, and operational plans in support of Procurement goals, including RFPs, negotiations, cost accountability, and / or program execution.
- Approves and qualifies vendors to fulfill account needs.
- Responds to client issues or problems.
- Authorizes purchase orders and approves payments to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly.
- Analyzes and reviews price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to provide input on reasonable prices.
- Prepares and reviews request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Analyzes and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience in the procurement and management of cables, interconnects designed for aerospace and aircraft integration, and fiber optic cable assemblies.
- Assist in the procurement of electronic components and electrical subassemblies.
- Able to analyze supplier’s proposals and write cost and price analyses according to FAR Part 15, Table 15-2.
- Ability to successfully manage long term, complex supplier relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of government regulations (FAR/DFAR/ITAR/CAS).
- Work collaboratively with internal customers (Program Management, Engineering, and Supplier Quality).
- Participate and support Collins initiatives to achieve annual objectives for Supplier OTD, Cost Savings along with ACE initiatives for process improvements.
- Participate in program and commodity supply chain procurement reviews.
- Proficient in SAP.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team oriented – must be an active participant and willing to step in for other commodities as needed.
- Strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills
- Domestic travel may be required 10-15%
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms