Remote Test Facilities Project EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01473798 Most Recent Date Posted 09/15/2021 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Survivability Discipline Group (SDG) is part of the Engine Design and System Integration (EDSI) Military Engines team, based in East Hartford, CT and West Palm Beach, FL. The SDG team supports current and next-generation military aircraft propulsion systems capable of meeting survivability requirements through design, analysis, test, production, and field support stages of a program. As a Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a valued member of the FL SDG Remote Test team leading various industry unique equipment & construction improvement projects aimed at maintaining and growing our industry leading test capability.
- This West Palm Beach, FL based on-site role requires oversight of major construction & equipment improvements, organizing the acquisition of material & labor, planning for cost & schedule, and executing in compliance with various prescribed codes and laws to further enhance research, development, and testing capabilities of the entire SDG team (CT and FL).
- The successful candidate will drive execution of key capital/expense projects to enable on-time facility readiness across all applicable product lines and will provide problem solving support to various internal and external teams (such as Engineering, Procurement, Operations, General Contractors, Sub-contractors, etc.).
- The candidate will be expected to ensure successful cradle to grave execution to maintain & enhance Pratt & Whitney’s competitive advantage.
- Some projects require cross-functional team coordination to deliver construction documents that can be safely turned into finished structures (including preparing specs, contract / purchasing documents, scopes of work, design & constructability reviews, analyzing certified bids / quotes, participation in negotiations, permit processing, supporting change orders, financial reporting, etc.).
- Extraordinary teamwork to facilitate internal PW-SDG conversations will be crucial to ensure designs maximize facility utilization rates, while meeting or exceeding Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and other environmental health & safety requirements.
- Desired candidates should possess technical skills and experience with new road & transportation aspects, water & environmental requirements and various civil construction building projects in Florida. Experience working with general contractors & subcontractor trades during initial design and implementation is strongly preferred (i.e. environmental requirements like drainage, construction documents & specs, staging, grading, paving, utilities, structural concrete & rebar, plumbing, electrical, etc.). Prior knowledge and experience ensuring job site safety standards are adhered to is also preferred.
- Frequent on-site progress inspections will be required for all equipment and facility projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant construction/project engineering related field and 7+ years of relevant experience working with engineers, designers, and/or contractors
- Prior Experience with local, state and federal standard codes (Palm Beach County / FL / USA)
- Familiarity with South Florida Water Management District and US Army Core of Engineers environmental requirements & permitting
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Up to 10% Travel
- Work Schedule: On-Site
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant construction/project engineering related field, and 5+ years of experience
- Proven experience filing, submitting, receiving acceptance of South Florida Water Management District and US Army Core of Engineers permits
- 2+ years of experience at work sites for progress inspection reports and audit purposes
- Familiarity working within in secure facilities
- Active Security Clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms