Machinist CBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01413086 Date posted 11/07/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney in West Palm Beach FL is now accepting resumes for a Machinist.
The principle duties of this position are to operate and set-up all conventional types of machine shop equipment and read and interpret complex work instructions and blue prints. Excellent social, planning and organizational skills are needed for a team oriented work environment.
- Set up and operate process equipment in an assigned area.
- Set up and operate basic machine tools to repair, make minor alterations.
- Read and understand blueprints and work from written and verbal instructions.
- Perform basic shop mathematics and use basic measurement instruments.
- Service and repair equipment associated with the area where problems are identified.
- Perform unrelated duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the facility.
- Perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, procedures and policies.
- Complete tasks at the highest level of safety awareness.
- High School Diploma GED.
- 1-3 + years of aerospace experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- 2+ years trades training.
- Technical Degree or Certificate such as A&P license preferred.
- Use precision measuring instruments (Vernier calipers, micrometers, etc.).
- Previous work experience in jet engine overhaul preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms