HPC Design Engineer, F119Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01463270 Most Recent Date Posted 07/24/2021 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a leading producer of the world's most advanced gas turbine engines, is looking for design engineers to become part of our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the skills and motivation to bring new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you.
A division of Raytheon Technologies, Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Founded by Frederick Rentschler in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1925, Pratt & Whitney’s first aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the innovative air-cooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. Pratt & Whitney has been a leading innovator in aircraft propulsion and power systems ever since.
We are seeking a Design Engineer to work on Military Engines High Power Compressors, HPCs. Mechanical design experience in Fans, Compressors, Combustors, Turbines, Nozzles and Structural Composites is desired. If you have relevant knowledge or experience in these areas, Pratt & Whitney would like to talk to you.
Mechanical Design Engineering opportunities abound across our product line from fielded legacy engines, to new product introduction, to advanced engine design of our next generation of products. Product design focus includes the entire life cycle, from new propulsion system development, through engine manufacture, to technical support of fielded product.
Key job functions:
- Develop innovative and technically sound design solutions within program schedule milestones.
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary Integrated Product Teams.
- Understand technical processes and design requirements of gas turbine hardware.
- Learn and apply sophisticated solid modeling and analysis tools in a highly proficient manner.
- Utilize standard work, QCPC, RCCA and other tools to continuously improve design processes.
- Communicate with team leadership and management on status and risks to program schedule and metrics.
Candidates must have exceptional problem solving and communication skills. Significant interaction with internal and external customers is expected. Communication skills and assertiveness are key qualities to possess.
Pratt & Whitney is looking forward to hearing from you.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
- 3+ years of Mechanical Design engineering experience with proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys,
- US Citizenship due to program requirement
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering preferred.
- Classical methods of analysis preferred.
- Automated design optimization skills are a plus.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of hardware, drawings and manufacturing methods.
- Green & Black Belt six sigma certification is also desired.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms