Assembly and Test Inspector (LG05) 2nd ShiftBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01442966 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? Opportunities exist on 2nd shift for you to join us as our next Assembly and Test Inspector! You will be part of the Aftermarket Operations team supporting the overhaul of PW1100G-JM within the WPB facility. Upon transition into the Aftermarket Operations team, it will be a requirement that the selected individual enter, and satisfactorily remain within the FAA covered work pool.
Typical duties you will perform:
- Perform receiving inspections and perform the initial inventory of all accessory components on turbine engines delivered for MRO shop visit.
- Monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engines and components, ensuring all requirements are met. Participate on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Stay in sync with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices. Visually inspect turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
- Inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check test stands for surplus parts, hardware or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements. Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements. Refer variances to higher graded Inspector or Supervisor. Conduct audits when required and report findings.
- Inspect components and hardware removed from the engine to determine serviceability in accordance with the applicable technical data.
- Review customer requirements, incoming paperwork, SAP, and Solumina for applicable Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives. Make disposition decisions based on the applicability of those SBs and ADs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of aero-propulsion systems; including but not limited to, hardware, components, instrumentation installations, and test stand configurations. This role requires up to one year work related experience ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions to fabricate, configure, install, remove/replace and set up a variety of power systems, components, modules, test stands, and associated equipment.
This is a 2nd shift opening 3:30 pm- midnight.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year aviation inspection experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 1+ year inspection experience in Overhaul and Repair
- 3+ years’ experience working in Aviation Engine Repair
- A&P License or Military Equivalent Experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms