3rd Shift Cell LeaderBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01441082 Most Recent Date Posted 05/17/2021 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The Special Technologies West Palm Beach, FL Cell Leader will lead operators on a 3rd shift schedule to meet EHS, customer, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost goals for the assigned manufacturing area. This individual will lead by setting operational strategies, training plans, performance feedback, production scheduling, project implementation, continuous improvement, and communication with leadership and employees. Key metrics are EHS performance, first time yield, schedule achievement, cost reduction, workforce development, and preventative maintenance planning. Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills are essential. The individual must embrace ACE Operating System and lean manufacturing vision and thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations.
The candidate will be responsible for supervising a group of hourly bargaining unit employees in a Manufacturing Operations environment. Responsibilities include allocating work and assigning manpower and a strong leadership and focus for ACE, FOD, Quality, EH&S and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and change.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Work proactively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals.
- Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow
- Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship
- Ensure World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Ensure full involvement in ACE continuous improvement initiatives - utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers and clients.
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC)
- Demonstrated leadership skills; direct supervisory experience
- Supervising bargaining unit employees and union exposure is a plus
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and who enjoys the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives.
- Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions. Must be team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives.
- Strong communication skills required: ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with cross-functional teams, excellent oral and written skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
Bachelor's Degree or previous experience required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms