2nd Shift Senior SupervisorBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01441435 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Engineering Development Operations - Assembly is looking for a 2nd shift supervisor to support military and commercial engine and component testing at its West Palm Beach test site. This individual will lead by setting operational strategies, training plans, performance feedback, continuous improvement, and communication with leadership and employees. Key metrics are EHS performance, schedule achievement, cost reduction, and workforce development. Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills are essential. The individual must embrace ACE Operating System and lean manufacturing vision and thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations. This role is responsible for supervising a group of hourly bargaining unit employees in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the development engine assembly floor.
- Apply ACE, lean, and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput, and delivery integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multi-skilled group of team members engaged in the assembly of development jet engine components.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, conduct annual performance reviews, hold regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, and also clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Able to bridge business objectives across (2) operating shifts.
- Requires availability on all shifts.
- Support all company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 + years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations OR AS degree with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or operations, OR in lieu of a degree, High School Diploma/GED with 7+ years of experience in manufacturing and/ or operations.
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Must be flexible relative to department assignment and available for off-shift work
- Proven flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of new product / process technologies
- Strong computer skills
- This position also requires the candidate to have or have the ability to; obtain and maintain U.S. Government Secret Level Clearance.
US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms