Director, Technology Release, Air Force SystemsBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 171845BR Date posted 11/17/2020 City Washington State DC Country United States
The Director, Technology Release, Air Force Systems, leads coordination between the businesses and Department of Defense (DoD) officials on critical release and disclosure and foreign military sales (FMS) and direct commercial sales (DCS) issues in support of highly complex international business objectives. This position will report to the Executive Director, Enterprise Technology Release.
The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for achieving favorable DoD release approvals and foreign military and direct commercial sales decisions regarding Department of the Air Force-sponsored and commercial aviation systems and technologies. The incumbent will accomplish this through rigorous and analytical coordination between the businesses and USG officials on critical release, disclosure and FMS issues for highly complex international efforts. These issues include, but are not limited to, Low-Observable / Counter-low Observable, anti-tamper, exceptions to national disclosure policy, MILDEP policy, co-production and co-development technology transfer, and other issues such as encryption, GPS, and cyber security, dual-use commercial technologies and the FMS, DCS or “hybrid” structure of the transaction. Responsible for developing and maintaining trust-based relationships with key government officials in DoD staffs, including from the U.S. Air Force, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency and the Defense Technology Security Administration, among others. In this capacity, the successful incumbent will provide a consistent one-company face to this office so that this is the first person that the relevant DoD office staff will contact when faced with an issue regarding a Raytheon Technologies export. This position must build and sustain productive working relationships and networks across several DoD agencies to actively promote Raytheon's reputation, business objectives and to resolve key release and disclosure issues. The position will coordinate across businesses and various government agencies in support of 20-30 international efforts simultaneously at any phase of the business cycle. This position must be able to identify critical paths for early and sustained engagement throughout various DoD agencies. The Director will assist and guide Raytheon Technologies programs from Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence and Space, and Raytheon Missiles and Defense as they navigate through the U.S. Government’s release and disclosure processes. The position will be directly involved in training business unit and functional executives and other leaders on best practices. The position must be able to lead cross-functional efforts from business units and International Government Relations to deliver relevant and timely information to DoD stakeholders, and to respond to queries from company senior leaders. Responsible for understanding and communicating the U.S. Government’s issues and concerns with specific exports to the businesses to be addressed effectively in Raytheon Technologies’ interactions with customers and in export license applications.Expert on the U.S. Government’s release, disclosure and export approval processes; establish and maintain a trust-based relationships with various Air Force and DoD technology experts and represent the company in discussions with DoD members and industry counterparts responsible for export approvals. Other duties as assigned
- Required Skills:
- Related University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 14 years prior relevant experience.
- Relevant experience working with DoD release and disclosure offices, particularly regarding defense and commercial aviation technologies
- Secret with current SSBI mandatory, Top Secret with current SSBI desired
- Detailed understanding of DoD technology release and disclosure processes regarding Air Force technologies, such as LO/CLO – Tri-Services Committee, anti-tamper, national disclosure policy, electronic warfare, information assurance and encryption policies.
- Detailed Understanding of the Services’ technology release and export approval processes (Air Force Top Line, Navy TTSARB, Army TTSARP)
- Understanding of U.S. Government foreign military sales and direct commercial sales staffing processes
- Understanding of defense and dual-use export license submissions and the U.S. Government review and approval process through the Departments of State (DDTC), Commerce (BIS), and DoD (DTSA)
- Demonstrated ability as a cross-functional team leader
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills demonstrated by successfully developing and presenting complex material to a Government audience and to business executives and corporate decision makers
- Successful builder of relationships and trust with customer
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to understand customer issues and concerns and ably map out a satisfactory company response/approach that enables meeting company business objectives
- First-hand experience with DoD technology release, disclosure and foreign military sales processes
- First-hand experience with dual-use commercial aviation technologies
- Existing positive relationships with the relevant DoD offices (MILDEP implementing agencies, DSCA, DTSA, MDA, NSA, etc)
- General knowledge of the types of Raytheon Technologies products and services that will be subject to release and disclosure reviews
- Prior experience in Government
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.