Cloud Cybersecurity EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177222BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/06/2021 City Washington State DC Country United States
Location: NASA Stennis Space Center, Mississippi and Washington DC Metro Area
- Determines, develops, or manages cybersecurity technical solutions for cloud, hybrid-based cloud, and distributed enterprise environments and implements information security standards, technologies, solutions and procedures.
- Recommends technical solutions to support customer requirements and cybersecurity requirements based upon analysis of user, policy, technology, regulatory, and resource demands; recommends appropriate cybersecurity solutions for customer requirements; directs and/or supports design of solutions for enterprise cloud environments; and possesses expert knowledge of respective Cloud Service Provider (CSP) environment and maintains cybersecurity-related certification (s) in respective CSP environment.
- Knowledge in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems, developing and applying security system access controls, discerning the protection needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks
- Experience in designing countermeasures to identified security risks, security controls based on cybersecurity principles and tenets, integration of hardware and software solutions.
- Skill in discerning the protection needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks, evaluating the adequacy of security designs, conducting audits or reviews of technical systems.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation), integrating and applying policies that meet system security objectives.
- Knowledge of and practical experience of integration of COTS or open source tools
- Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Must be able to work collaboratively across teams and physical locations
- Willing to work rotating shifts
- The Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer, provides:
- Technical/Management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- Requirement is for 5 or more years of experience directly relating to role of the labor category.
- The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems, or Information Assurance, or Cybersecurity, or Engineering.
- Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- The cloud cybersecurity engineer must possess at least one relevant professional designation, but not limited to the following:
- CertifiedInformationSystems Security Professional(CISSP)
- CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP)
- CISSP Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
- GIAC Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Experience working on a 24x7x365 watch desk environment
- Experience with industry standard help desk tools
- SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
- Experience with SIEMS tools
- Familiarity with packet analysis to include: HTTP Headers & Status codes, SMTP Traffic & Status codes, FTP Traffic & Status Codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working in any of the following:
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
- Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks, applications and one or more of the following:
- Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
- Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
- Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
- System log analysis
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS:Possess at least one relevant professional designation, but not limited to the following:
- Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
- GIACCertified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
- GIAC Information Security Professional (GISP)
- CertifiedInformation Security Manager(CISM)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- US Citizen capable of obtaining DHS Suitability and a TS/SCI clearance
- Occasional travel within CONUS is required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.