What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Business Unit Profile
A global business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Missiles & Defense brings customers the industry’s most advanced end-to-end solutions, delivering the advantage of one innovative partner to detect, track and defeat threats. RMD supports 29 countries around the world with a broad portfolio which includes air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, command and control systems, and advanced defense technologies. RMD provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base; we are one team with the expertise to look across the entire mission area and quickly deliver comprehensive solutions.
The Operations Center Manager will focus on operations, customer engagements, and technology deployment, utilization and sustainment for Raytheon’s Customer Immersion Center (CIC), an advanced visualization (AV) environment. The CIC focuses on customer engagements using immersive technologies and modeling, simulation, and analysis to drive conceptual defense designs, analysis briefings, CONOPS walkthroughs, structural layouts, large-scale data review, manufacturing support, and virtual training solutions. The CIC also supports mobile and remote collaboration capabilities across Raytheon as well as with customers and suppliers. Collaboration with a professional staffing including the Site Executive Assistant, Facility Security Officer, Facility Management, and Engineering leads is an essential element of this role, requiring excellent communications and delegation skills. Attention to detail if also of paramount importance for this important role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of operations and customer engagements for the CIC, to include a high level of coordination with RMD Operations, Mission Areas, Defense Capabilities & Solutions, and Global Customer Account executives
- Manage the planning, scheduling, coordination, resourcing, and execution of the CIC’s multiple, frequently concurrent domestic and international customer engagements
- Manage Digital Technology (DT) support needed, to include classified lab operations and classified media support, for all customer engagements
- Collaborate with DT and Security leads to orchestrate the employment and sustainment of Information Technology and Advanced Visualization technologies
- Identify and sponsor development of immersive content needed by Mission Areas to utilize Virtual Reality presentation capabilities for impactful customer engagements
- Coordinate management and use of Classified Information Systems (IS) by business leaders and engineers for several on-site, distributed classified labs
- Manage the reporting of the Center’s project status, cost savings/ROI metrics, and management of resources
- Ensures a high operational readiness of hardware and network connectivity to support the conduct of Advanced Visualization-enabled engagements at all levels
- Presents technical information and CIC demonstrations periodically to groups of people with varying technical knowledge and expertise
- Coordination of and support to local STEM and recruiting events as well as other general logistics requirements for the greater Washington, D.C. area
This position requires a current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience generating and leading technical presentations to an audience spanning senior and junior professionals and customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related disciplines Experience leading teams in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience interfacing with data networks in labs or audio visual (AV) spaces
- Experience coordinating technical details & architecting solutions for high level presentations
- United States Citizenship
- Existing DOD Secret Level clearance or higher
- Expertise with deploying emerging 3D technologies, i.e. hardware, software, firmware
- Experience working with cutting edge software and visualization technology to improve Pwin, customer intimacy and confidence
- Experience running and demonstrating augmented reality and virtual reality systems
- Experience collaborating with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) regarding operation and integration of classified Information Systems (IS)
- Military or U.S. Government experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM ( Science Technology, Engineering & Math)
- Business Development and/or Capture Management experience
- Forward looking, clear-thinker with capacity to sift through complex information and focus the organization on the critical few priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills; professional presence and ability to demonstrate business & technical acumen.
- Demonstrated networking capabilities (network infrastructure e.g. routers and switches) and the proven ability to establish and cultivate relationships within a highly-matrixed organization
- Active TS/SCI security clearance