Sr Principal Field EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 168639BR Date posted 09/17/2020 City Warrenton State VA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared expert Field Engineer.
The right candidate must have and maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for project-based development, deployment and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/network systems and applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of contract requirements to ensure required resources are properly allocated to multiple projects; track progress of installations and upgrades and work closely with Customer personnel to provide visibility into special projects. Manage project teams, assist in coordinating worldwide travel and project personnel with travel requirements and responsibilities.
Additional required support includes procurement of required equipment or components to support build-out of systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel; test, inspection, verification of all customer systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Familiarity with Cisco network devices configuration, deployment, support, routing protocols, and Cisco IOS.
- Knowledge of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) TCP/IP, Ethernet, Quality of Service (QOS), and Optical Networking.
- Proficient in installation of commercial leased lines, power systems, Type-1 Crypto, fiber cabling, and network equipment devices.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
- Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
- Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
- Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Demonstrated strong performance as an Engineer, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
- Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
- Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems
- Secure remote mobile computing
- Up to 40% travel OCONUS, and 10% travel CONUS, as required and based on customer needs
- Weapons certification not required but must be willing and capable of becoming certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience; a minimum of eleven years of this experience must be relevant to the skill set.
Must have a TS/SCI security clearance with Current Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.