Digital Content Strategist and Brand JournalistBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 165675BR Date posted 07/29/2020 City MA State Farmington Country CT
This is a hands-on role which requires outreach and collaboration with communicators across corporate and in the businesses. Deliverables include news feature articles and informational pages. Topics may include industry issues, business strategy, tech and innovation, policy topics, leadership and community relations.
This role requires superb project management to execute the day-to-day editorial calendar and an understanding of content management systems to direct agencies responsible for content production. The successful candidate with have an aptitude for content analytics in order to make data-driven decisions.
- Define content strategies for RTXConnect to reach employees and achieve desired outcomes
- Manage the daily editorial calendar to ensure a steady flow of relevant information that is coordinated across digital channels
- Use the principals of brand journalism to research, write and secure approvals on all content to support the editorial calendar
- Maintain editorial standards to deliver a consistent voice, look and feel across the site
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Periodically conduct content audits and archive outdated information
- Work with agency design partners to approve artwork and final page layouts for web presentation
- Team with digital platform team to provide input to the intranet platform roadmap and identify areas to reduce friction in the user experience
- Partner with analytics team to measure content success and inform go-forward strategy
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related disciplines
- Preferred prior experience with Raytheon or UTC
- Writing experience in corporate communications and / or journalism and ability to write in a brand’s voice
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Capacity to work efficiently across a range of subject areas — while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proven editing skills and deep knowledge of AP style and proper grammar
- Experience working in a CMS in a content creator capacity, SiteCore preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 165675
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.