Structural and Thermal AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01419917 Most Recent Date Posted 04/13/2021 City Vergennes State Vermont Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
This position is for a senior Structural & Thermal Analysis Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Conducts analyses and inspection of products and processes. Formulates conceptual designs of products, processes and systems to meet customer requirements. Designs major components or major portions of a functional system and prototypes.
• Establishes structural and thermal specifications, conducts performance tests, and plans or conducts experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of systems or equipment to ensure quality and performance standards are met.
• Formulates conceptual design of products or systems to meet customer requirements.
• Evaluates product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards to ensure compliance and product quality.
• Applying scientific principles, designs major components or portions of a functional system, technically advanced prototype, specific or promotional product to ensure high quality and function.
• Analyzes, researches and develops structural and thermal engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, electrical and electronics, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
• Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowable and structural modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Previous experience in Ansys, Workbench & Icepak experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms