Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 171089BR Date posted 11/18/2020 State International Country United States
The Systems Engineer will run engineering tests to troubleshoot radar system anomalies (e.g. REX, BSG, Antenna/Sub-Array/TRIMMs). Assist in providing weekly reports on the status of engineering activities and maintaining a Radar performance notebook with such data as El Ops runs, satellite tracks, IMU measurements, and radar calibration as required. Notebook entries will be forwarded to the Missile Defense Center (MDC) in Woburn, MA for performance monitoring and data analysis and regression testing as required. Assist in the establishment of RF Hazard/Keep-Out Zones (KOZs). Assist in the development and implementation of site-unique radiation procedures. Comply with all QA and Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) reporting requirements associated with providing accurate and complete data in a timely manner. Maintain the health and status of the radar as well as running the radar missions.
- Provide technical support for the site radar systems issues and leading the troubleshooting efforts as needed or directed by site manager.
- Oversee the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) implementation through closure.
- Run regression testing as required.
- Plan mission tests, and develop new mission profiles by deliberative planning loaded into the radar and validated.
- Execution of mission testing.
- Engineering support for Configuration Management (CM) for hardware and software.
- Establish data collection/reduction/analysis requirements and procedures for the radar system.
- Assist in the establishment of RF Hazard/Keep-Out Zones (KOZs).
- Assist in the development and implementation of site-unique radiation procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and technical content of the FBX-T System Operator’s Manual TM FBX-T-10-1 Operating Instructions, Procedures, and Work Packages. Suggest modifications as appropriate.
- Evaluate the adequacy and technical content of the AN/TPY-2 Radar Set-Up & Test Plan, and the AN/TPY-2 Radar Environment, Health & Safety Plan. Recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the existing radar system planned maintenance program.
- Comply with all QA and Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) reporting requirements associated with providing accurate and complete data in a timely manner.
- Performs other related tasking and supports the Radar Site Manager.
- Minimum of 8+ years of engineering experience working with radar systems working with UNIX and/or Matlab.
- Experience with software/systems integration planning and execution.
- Active CompTIA Security+ Certification or obtain certification within 60 days.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Experience with DoD or Missile Defense Programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Proficient with MSOffice applications
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.