Principal Specialist - IT Project ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 171559BR Date posted 01/08/2021 State Nationwide Country United States
These projects span the business functions and our organization supports both Enterprise as well as Business-specific solutions. This position will lead $500,000 to $2M, high visibility internal technology projects in a fast paced environment. Using our corporate project management processes and methods, the Project Manager will lead cross-functional, multi-business teams; collaborating at all levels of the enterprise to ensure project success and satisfied stakeholders. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for planning and executing the project, and enabling the internal customer organization to achieve their objectives and realize business value.
Position is open to Telecommuting in US.
- Lead project initiation, definition, planning, coordination, and delivery of key strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate with senior leaders to define business objectives, determine scope and funding needs, and establish business cases supporting project investments. Establish and meet Project Office goals and objectives.
- Selects, develops and leverages appropriate technical and business resources needed for successful project execution.
- Aligns the project team around the project's visions, strategy, goals, and business objectives. Tracks team member performance.
- Manage cross-functional project teams. Coordinate and control team activities, including technical implementation tasks, process reengineering, and organizational change activities to achieve desired results.
- Prepare project execution plans and ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget, meet technical requirements, and achieve business objectives. Manage budget and schedule.
- Follow established detailed processes and procedures, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Raytheon’s Stage-Gate Passport Process. Manage and assess project risk. Maintain project repositories.
- Identify and engage appropriate technical and business resources needed for successful project execution.
- Apply a balance of traditional project management practices with an agile approach to meet the objectives of complex enterprise initiatives.
- Use skills and experience to tailor an agile approach with fit-for-purpose planning technique that ensure successful project execution
- Manage project resources. Lead regular project reviews with customers and stakeholders, including senior IT and business leaders. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Coordinate and maintain program communications. Document and review lessons learned.
- Identify and establish effective internal and external relationships to accomplish project objectives.
- Manages the relationship with all internal and external suppliers. Active supplier management including alignment of the critical path within an integrated schedule.
- Defines and manages readiness elements that support achieving business and financial objectives.
- Ensure project results are of the highest caliber, meeting technical and behavioral objectives, business case targets, and planned value.
- Minimum 8+ years of applicable experience working with technical teams to define and implement IT solution architectures, including software development, software configuration and integration, and IT infrastructure implementations and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and schooling/certification in lieu of degree.
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 4+ years of Agile project management experience, preference given to SAFe experience and certification.
- Demonstrated experience in agile project management technique including Sprint Planning and PI Planning.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Influence and work across multiple organizations and levels, as well as across multiple geographic regions.
- Skill leading and participating in virtual meetings.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Possible US travel is commonly required to support project activities with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience managing IT projects using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience on other Agile Teams with a background in using formal project management methodologies (i.e. SCRUM, Kanban).
- Experience with Agile and DevOps tools (Atlassian Suite, Team Foundation Server, TaskTop, Trello, LeanKit).
- Formal project management methodologies, including EVMS.
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, Business or Finance or related field.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience in IT Project management and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.