IT Portfolio ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 175752BR Date posted 02/23/2021 State Nationwide Country United States
This position will be responsible for working with the PMO and business teams to identify and execute infrastructure projects and requirements. Understand the needs of the business, and how the programs and projects within the portfolio support those needs and add value to the business and to RTX. The role will manage a team of program and project managers who will execute on the projects within the portfolio.
Portfolio Alignment and Projects:
- Establish partnership with the RMD/RIS and PW/Collins BRMs, understanding the new project work that they are bringing in from the BU’s, and keeping them updated with current status and notifying them of issues/risks related to the portfolio of projects
- Establish partnerships within all 4 BU’s, understanding sponsors and stakeholders within the BU’s and lines of communication
- Manage relationships with our BU customers and engage with them in order to partner with them and accomplish the project goals
- Work with the Service Line Executive Director, Project Sponsors and PMO Director to determine the portfolio roadmap and the prioritization of the projects within the portfolio
- Meet regularly with PMO Director and Service Line Leaders to review Portfolio – projects, budget, issues and risks, and to consistently improve process and efficiency
- Establish partnership with Service Line Executive Director and Project Sponsors
- Evaluate, scope, estimate, prioritize and schedule new project requests for aligned products
- Solicit regular feedback from Service Line Leaders to continually improve project performance
- Manage project interdependencies and cross-departmental interactions and dependencies
- Initiate review of projects after completion to ensure realization of benefits
- Manage core staff of program and project managers aligned to the service line, .e.g. workload, timesheets, etc.
- Responsible for identifying hiring needs, working with the PMO Director on funding for new roles, and recruiting new project managers to the portfolio team
- Evaluate project managers monthly, provides mentoring and training to improve the project management discipline within the tower
- Travel up to 10%
- Minimum 10+ years of project management related roles
- Entrepreneurial multi-tasker who can be highly efficient with limited resources
- Must work well under pressure and have the flexibility to manage multiple demands
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, systems, and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and a commitment to initiative
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Self-starter and independent thinker who is capable of finding and developing solutions
- Ability to Travel up to 10%
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a U.S. security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Advanced Degree
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Math or related discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.