Equipment Availability Support ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 185289BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/30/2021 Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Fareham & Portsmouth.
Summary of Role:
The role of Equipment Availability Support Manager is accountable to the Training Equipment Service Manager (TESM) for the delivery of high-quality training equipment support in line with company standards and the requirements of the contract. The role is responsible for the management of training equipment maintenance and the resources associated to the task. The role will manage and oversee the planned maintenance of identified training equipment and liaise with third party companies where external resources are required to facilitate repair.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and subcontractors to deliver training equipment maintenance.
- Carry out the duties of Authorising Person in accordance with JSP375 for Electrical and Mechanical systems, Confined Spaces and Working at Height as required.
- Establish and Control Safe Systems of Work for existing and new equipment entering service.
- In the event of an equipment defect or supplies to it, work with the Delivery Managers, Programming Team, the Authority and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to maintain the training programme.
- Ensure the TESM is aware of any emergent equipment failures that have potential to impact on training delivery output.
- Monitor equipment maintenance utilising current and future asset management systems (to include Defence Diving school).
- Provide training equipment maintenance, Subject Matter Expertise to the Authority and Raytheon managers as required.
- Engage with equipment Subject Matter Experts in pursuit of objectives as directed by Training Equipment Services Manager
- Liaise with Training Equipment Availability Co-Ordinator to ensure all defects are captured onto electronic asset management systems and that all planned maintenance remains in date.
- Liaise with Training Planning to ensure that equipment is available to meet required training output.
- Liaise with Training Equipment Projects Team for introduction, modification, and disposal of TE.
- Ensure systems compliance with Raytheon and MoD regulations.
- Ensure Raytheon health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with.
- Responsible to the Training Equipment Service Manager to ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with for all employees/personnel on site under your direction.
- Previous practical experience of mechanical and electrical practices in a military training environment.
- Previous practical experience of diagnosing and repairing engineering Systems.
- Previous practical experience of controlling Safe Systems of Work (Method Statements & Risk Assessments)
- Previous practical experience of managing small teams
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to obtain Security Cleared (SC) clearance.
- Experience in use of maintenance databases
- A good understanding of the Selborne contract, especially where related to training equipment.
- Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of HNC in engineering subject.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.