Space & Airborne Systems Project ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 183363BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 Country United Kingdom
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is seeking a capable and experienced project manager for a defined element of a major programme or one or more incremental / spiral development pursuits within a Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Product Line (PL). The successful candidate will manage all resources across all functions necessary to deliver the programme element or project. The PM is accountable to the Product Programme Manager for meeting delivery commitments to time (schedule), quality and cost.
- Assure the programme element or project is executing effectively to meet commitments to the Customer and company.
- Manage cross-functional programme teams and IPTs engaged in programme planning and execution.
- Follow PMX best practice and manage by example to instil flawless programme execution behaviours and processes
- Support and if required conduct a regular tempo of downwards and upwards governance engagements for the programme, programme element or pursuit.
- Support business development and capture activities for the product line.
- Participate in collaborative relationships with peers within the Customer, strategic Partners, Suppliers and across Raytheon consistent with the shared vision.
- Deputise for the Product PM as required.
- Ensure adherence to Programme Execution processes within the programme or project.
- Mentor programme staff within the PMX function.
- Actively contribute to the development of Knowledge and Skills across the Raytheon UK PMX function.
- Relevant, recent demonstrable experience of successful project management in a highly regulated and/or controlled environment
- Demonstrate and advocate HPC behaviours
- A self-starting and capable manager, able to manage change through the matrix organisation, even where direct hierarchical control does not exist
- Supportive, with the stamina to work in sometimes sensitive and pressurised situations to overcome delivery challenges
- Able to engage with technical experts with credibility and understanding
- Willingness to lead and participate in change and continuously improve performance
- Creative and open to innovation in order to solve problems
- 6 or more years of relevant industrial experience
- Knowledge of Raytheon IPDS and other relevant company and industry standards, policies and practices
- Degree qualified in a technical or project management related discipline, or with equivalent non-academic experience
- Some experience of working in relevant domains.
- Interested in continuous professional development of self and others
- Raytheon PM Certified Level 4 – or capable of rapidly achieving this level.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.