Snr Mgr, Procurement (Discipline Lead - W&S)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 183405BR Most Recent Date Posted 11/24/2021 Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Any UK locations with travel as required - Primary RUK sites associated with role Harlow, Glenrothes and Livingston
Summary of Role:
Within the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, one of the largest operating areas within the Raytheon UK business, the dynamic Procurement team manage circa £150M annually and are an integral part of the Supply Chain team. The Team are involved in several exciting and high-profile programmes and accountable for partnering and promoting relationship management strategies resolving risk and challenges within the supply chain and bring material & services into the Raytheon safeguarding continuity of supply, to the highest quality and deliver on time.
Reporting to the Associate Director Supply Chain for the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, the Senior Manager will be responsible to lead and manage a team of 10 and will be accountable for all Procurement activity across the business area. Executes and manages routine and non-routine procurements at various values and complexity. Identifies and manages commercial risk. Leads or supports Contract Management strategy and activity in respect of responses to Requests for Proposals. Negotiates Purchase Orders and changes. Interfaces internally and externally at senior level and contributes to Business Area strategies.
At Raytheon UK, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach and yours as a RUK employee.
If you think you have what it takes and want to join a dynamic organisation, then read on!
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Responsible for leading the Procurement personnel providing Procurement services to a W&S Business, including conducting Performance Assessment, Career Development Planning, Grading and Remuneration and involve some day to day prioritisation of workload and guidance/support with problem resolution.
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional SLT.
- Source, negotiate, award and document purchases for materials, services, and supplies.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order tocreate value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Support early supplier identification and engagement for new business pursuits.
- Responsible for Supply Chain bid/proposal activities for strategic pursuits.
- Utilizes source selection techniques (best value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.), performs cost analyses, conducts negotiations, and identifies supplier risks.
- Interface with Integrated Product Teams to understand technical challenges and provide solution options for "buy" technologies.
- Provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture as it relates to introduction of new suppliers to mitigate risks with regard to early supplier decisions.
- Ensures that requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers.
- Manages supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Interfaces with internal and supplier cross-functional organisations.
- Assists in the development of bids and agreements.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Works with suppliers and other stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering and strategic relationship management to deliver value for the organisation
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies by recommending strategic choices to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Facilitates relationships between programme office / functional organisations and suppliers.
- Good understand of SRM and demonstrated performance of implemented tools, techniques and best practise with Suppliers
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- May be required to participate at supplier and internal reviews including Gates, MRBs and EACs
- Produces support data or business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, Commodity and / or related field
- Related degree/ MCIPS / BA / MBA / B.Eng / M.Eng / MSc or equivalent
- Ability / Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead effectively in a multi-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid/senior level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS / Risk Management / Programme Gating / Metrics/ SOW Development / Business Finance)
- Experience in high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating high complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at senior level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement / material receipt processes
- Experience of creating strategies and turning them into operational reality
- Experience of running complex supplier competitions
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management (SRM) and collaborative working
- Experience of working with complex international suppliers / programmes
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.