Sept 2021 Start Electronics Engineering Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 167733BR Date posted 09/30/2020 Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Harlow, plus travel when required.
Start: September 2021
Summary of Role:
As an Engineering Graduate you will join our established two-year Graduate Leadership Development Programme. This will provide you with personal development skills, networking opportunities and an enjoyable learning environment. As an Engineering Graduate you will receive additional structured Engineering training to improve your technical abilities and job specific training as necessary.
We have multiple sites across the UK and are opening new locations. There will be the opportunity to visit other UK sites and there may also be possibility to attend our US facilities. Raytheon is growing and expanding our Engineering capabilities into new innovative areas and technologies.
What to expect:
You will be given an Engineering position on a programme where you will be able to make an immediate impact. In your first few days and weeks, you’ll get to grips with real challenges, on projects that cross a range of disciplines where you will be able to actively network with Engineers and other company functions.
At Raytheon the opportunities for career development are numerous and far reaching employing thousands of Engineers worldwide. As a leading Engineering company you will have the opportunity to shape the technology of the future.
Raytheon encourages working towards Chartered Engineer status (CEng) and will both support you and pay your membership fees if you choose to work towards this.
You will also be allocated a Buddy and be offered to work with a Mentor if you wish.
Summary of Role:
The Graduate Design Engineer will assist Senior Engineers in all aspects of our cutting edge, high profile, technology in communication and navigation electronics design. This includes: circuit analysis, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, design verification, troubleshooting and design documentation and reports.
As a Graduate Engineer you will be expected to learn and develop these abilities:
- Working effectively within a multi-disciplined design team
- Develop requirements for new products
- Generate detailed designs for solutions that meet those requirements
- Consider the demands of other disciplines within the design team
- Model concepts and assess solutions
- Test and commission prototypes, products and systems.
- Design and implement test solutions
- Support customer discussions
- Problem solving and process improvement
- Configuration of product designs and their controlled change.
- Design products fit for manufacture
- Design to cost
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (Electronics or Electrical Engineering degree discipline)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites and relocate during the role if required
- Broad Electronics knowledge
- Knowledge of firmware and use of VHDL or C programming languages
- Knowledge of Schematic Capture Tools
- Knowledge of Simulation Tools
- Good and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Innovative thinker with self-motivation
- Keen interest in electronic design, demonstrated through university projects and/or hobby experience.
- Experience with programmable devices
- Work experience in engineering/software development or manufacturing environment
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- £28,000 + £2,500 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews during the first 2 years
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID:167733BR. Candidates need to upload a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.