Productivity & Desktop Engineering AnalystBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 183525BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/16/2021 Country United Kingdom
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Productivity & Desktop Manager. This new role is responsible for all technical aspects of the application and operating system deployment lifecycle. This will include ensuring that a variety of applications, cloud connectors and plug-ins can be deployed unattended to physical and on premise and cloud hosted virtual workstations working in partnership with other functions and teams
- Develop, test and maintain desktop image and software packages for distribution to user desktops, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Build and maintain images containing operating system and core applications for distribution to user desktops and virtual desktop infrastructure, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Maintain effective application packaging and OS deployment.
- Evaluate technologies, including assessing how they may be developed or deployed to enhance end user service
- Undertaking activities associated with Operational Incident, Problem and Change Management tickets
- Provide support for new business demand through Request for Service (“RFS”) or formally managed projects
- Experience of Ivanti products and services
- Experience of deploying cloud workloads and Office365
- Creative communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent and qualified to at least MCITP, MCSE and Citrix CCE-V levels in appropriate / relevant technology
- Strong documentation and a disciplined, process-oriented approach to tasks.
- Experience of design/engineering in end user computing technologies including Systems Centre Configuration Management (SCCM) and Microsoft deployment toolkit
- Independent problem solving and self-directing ability
- Strong automation / scripting skills such as PowerShell, Python
- Experience with cloud native products
- Must be able to understand and apply policy to technical controls
- Strong verbal and written skills, an effective collaborator and able to build and maintain solid relationships
- Working knowledge and experience of design and reference architectures (AWS and Azure)
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience in an IT, science or engineering discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.