IT Service and Project Portfolio AnalystBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Base Line Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 176670BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/05/2021 Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Function: Information Technology
Reporting into the Service and Project Portfolio Managerthis new role supports thefunction with tracking and reporting on the health and performance of all IT services, programmes and projects. Maintaining and reporting on all service, project finances, risks and dependencies. Maintaining and managing portfolio policies and procedures, supporting the project management community and carrying out QA checks. Identifying, capturing and escalating portfolio level risk, issues and dependencies to the senior management.
- Works closely with the Head of PMO,Service and Project Portfolio Management team and wider IT teams to provide assurance, governance and management reporting.
- Interpret and present different cuts of data in different formats with the right accompanying narrative for different audiences.
- To maintain all performance dashboards and prepare reports to be submitted to be used in various review and board meetings.
- Track the status of all projects based on updates from project managers on a weekly basis, including the extraction of data from plans, project finances and risk registers
- Working closely with the Project Managers to ensure that Project Status Reports are updated in a timely manner and of agreed quality.
- Utilise trend data extracted from the in-flight project plans, project finances and risk registers to identify or forecast issues including time slippage, scope creep and overspend to inform decision making across the portfolio in a format suitable for use at all levels of seniority.
- Perform financial analysis on all programme and project budgets and prepare various reports and key performance indicators.
- Maintain and update the capacity and resource utilisation reports to provide forward-view of shared resources across the IT department, calling out free and busy periods and proposing corrective actions to help remove blockers.
- Ensure all projects are set up correctly, and all reporting is done effectively on those projects
- Assist in closure for all projects in collaboration with project team and maintain record of all IT governance meetings.
- Support project managers in ensuring that the budgets, risks, issues and changes are managed effectively.
- Deliver quality information on the status, risks, and issues associated with portfolio programmes and projects to the relevant management groups, ensuring actions from the meetings are captured and progress against them is communicated.
- Support compliance to agreed methodologies ensuring all projects comply with methodology and monitor progress though states/gates/checkpoints and pre-empt the need for non-conformances.
- Provide advice, guidance and challenge as necessary to ensure project data is accurate.
- Ability to flex communication style to meet the needs of the situation.
- Manage and update all Service and PMO process, framework and template documentation.
- Review, monitor and perform audits on all IT programmes and projects on adherence policies, governance, standards and compliance and prepare and present reports
- Encourage knowledge transfer and lessons learnt activities within the PMO and project teams to drive best practice.
- Buildand maintain robust relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience of working within a programme, project or change environment and an expert in governance and methodology best practice.
- Knowledge of ITIL/PMO/P30 functions and services, project management principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projectsand service lifecycle from initiation to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral presentation ensuring that PMO reporting is concise, consistent, transparent and pragmatic.
- Strong collaborative communicator with an analytical mind set and able to interpret and report back complex information in a meaningful way.
- An in-depth knowledge of MS Excel is essential, including skills to design databases and manipulate data using pivot tables and formulas.
- Ability to provide analytical evidence-based approach to solving problems, ensuring outputs can be translated for interpretation across all levels of seniority.
- Keen attention to detail and a desire to provide quality outputs in line with company branding guidelines.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a change environment as well as the confidence to drive change based on analytical evidence.
- Able to develop good relationships with the IT team members and key stakeholders across the business.
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
IT Service Management, Portfolio, Programmes and Projects qualification or similar would an advantage but not an essential requirement.176670
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.