Infrastructure Service Delivery ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 183273BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 Country United Kingdom
Location(s): UK (Nationwide Responsibility)
Summary of Role:
This management role reports to the Head of Technical Service Delivery and is accountable for the full service and support lifecycle of all IT Infrastructure services including all third-party hosted and internally managed IT infrastructure encompassing all datacentre, network and site-based infrastructure services.
In addition to a strong technology background the role also requires project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills and a service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations and the delivery of change and project requests.
- Sets the mission and vision of Infrastructure Services to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritise resources.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's business strategy.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
- Contributes to the development of sourcing strategy and provides oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the I&O workforce.
- Forecasts future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Contributes to IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to demonstrate value to the enterprise.
- Skilled at influencing, guiding, and facilitating stakeholders and peers with decision making.
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences and understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams
- Exceptional technical and soft leadership “people” skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Ability to instil confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Ability to build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need for operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure and operational solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical staff.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in IT and business/industry
- Proven leadership responsibilities.
- Proven experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organisation and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.