HR AdvisorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible No Job ID 183311BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/16/2021 Country United Kingdom
The role of the HR Advisor is generic, delivering on a range of people related activity by supporting line managers with employee relations advice and guidance, advising on policies and procedures, undertaking training activities and supporting cyclical performance development activity.
The role sits within a team of HR Advisors in the wider HR Shared Service, reporting to the HR Shared Service Manager.
- The key point of contact for all line manager issue resolution, providing advice and guidance on HR process and policy;
- Ensuring all key HR operational activity is carried out in line with policy / process and in a timely and effective manner;
- Dealing with all ER issues in the first instance (disciplinary, grievances, capability, appeals);
- Working with managers to highlight absence issues and as required actively manage absence cases;
- Liaise with the Employee Relations Specialist to risk assess employee relations cases and provide reports on an agreed basis;
- Support the Employee Relations Specialist in the collation of documentation for escalated internal and external proceedings;
- Supporting Centres of Excellence (talent acquisition, learning and development and compensation and benefits) by supporting cyclical activity such as events, training and other ad-hoc requests;
- Managing all family friendly policy requests and processes e.g. maternity, flexible working, shared parental leave, paternity leave, parental leave etc.
- Working with the HR team to ensure timely management of new starters and leavers, including inductions and exit interviews;
- Support for annual salary planning process;
- Working with the HR Shared Service Manager on core HR processes e.g. performance development cycle, KPI provision and analysis, policy and process updates and improvements, HR Communications / events;
- Working directly with the HR Business Partners and wider HR team as part of projects as and when required;
- Effective communication with customers to ensure absolute clarity on requirements;
- Ability to influence and motivate others both in the HR team and the wider organisation;
- Good analytical problem solving skills, able to see the crux of a complex issue and action the appropriate response;
- Delivery of exceptional customer service on a consistent basis;
- Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills;
- Focused on delivering high quality outcomes with a positive approach to getting the job done;
- HR generalist experience;
- Experience managing employee relations cases;
- Good working knowledge of current employment legislation;
- Experience working with KPIs/metrics;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel and word;
- Experience of working in a similar type role;
- A CIPD qualification;
- Ability to deliver short training courses on specific topics.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.