|At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.|
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Principal Subcontract Specialist who will report into the Collins/Pratt & Whitney IST Organization. During COVID-19 restrictions this position will be full-time telecommuting and will transition to a hybrid of on-site and telecommuting once restrictions are lifted. This is a highly collaborative position offering the chance to overcome challenging issues with creative problem solving skills. In this role you will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with suppliers in support of the Collins IST Team. You will also have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growth oriented environment that supports a broad portfolio of programs across multiple Mission Areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Supplier Relationship, Development, and Performance
- Drive the success of meeting business factory MRP and financial requirements
- Drive the success for metrics; Late to Place, Late to Dock, Delinquent Material, etc.
- Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements (technical as well as quality) to drive flawless supplier execution for RMD programs and projects
- Perform subcontract management of high dollar purchase orders utilizing integrated supply chain models in compliance with all regulatory and corporate requirements. Primary capabilities in subcontract management such as the following will be needed:
- Preparation of all manner of solicitations including RFQs, RFPs, RFI, and IDIQ
- Analyze quotations/proposals utilizing price/cost analysis techniques
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms)
- Place Purchase Orders of high dollar levels and procurement complexity
- Perform risk analysis, and develop mitigation plans and solutions to problems
- Support travel as needed (typically 1 – 2 times quarterly)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience with a bachelors or 6 years’ relevant experience with a masters
- Must be able to support travel as needed
Required Education (including Major):What We Offer:
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or STEM field
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Finance or STEM field
- Demonstrated knowledge / compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Experience in written contractual authorization/vehicles (Cost Plus, Firm Fixed Price etc.)
- Ability to analyze Cost and Pricing Data and determine proposal compliance (FAR 15.4)
- Ability to understand technical requirements of procured hardware and services including Statement of Work (SOW) review
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Ability to process information and manage multiple conflicting priorities to drive to successful outcome (i.e. Multi-task)
- Experienced in contributing to the successful completion of a project which enhanced performance within an area of responsibility
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.