Sr Systems Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178936BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/21/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) is within the Systems Integration & Test directorate at RMD. The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) includes all of the engineering disciplines responsible for systems design & test on all Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) products. Our engineers are responsible for all elements of the development lifecycle for test including: test requirements, test system design, flight simulations, hardware-in-the-loop, computer-in-the-loop, advanced engineering prototyping technology, flight operations for manned and unmanned vehicles, environmental testing, environmental characterization and engineering laboratory management. We are hands-on, designing with the latest technology and tools, and integrate state of the art test solutions with the most advanced engineering systems in the world.
The Test Equipment and Environments Center (TE&EC) is seeking Systems Information Engineers to join the Test Environment Support & Administration (TESA) team. TESA takes a holistic approach to manage the blending of software, hardware, networks, and cybersecurity inherent in TE&EC test systems. You will be responsible for providing system administration, system support and design consultation for Test Environments (TEn) and Test Equipment (TE) across all product lines. Our normal day consists of system administration of test systems, hardening Industrial Computer Systems to meet cybersecurity requirements, system imaging, configuration, data recovery, hardware diagnostics, and unique solutions in multiple heterogeneous systems.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- A minimum of four (4) years of prior professional relevant experience.
- Four (4) or more years of working knowledge and experience with Linux Systems Administration (in desktop and server environments).
- Four (4) or more years of working experience troubleshooting Linux systems to quickly return system to operational status.
- Four (4) or more years of working knowledge and experience of network infrastructure architecture and operation including Linux systems interacting Windows Active Directory, file sharing, NIS, and DNS.
- Four (4) or more years of working networking hardware and configuration.
- Four (4) or more years of working user account management, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software installation and support.
- Obtain Security+ CE certification within six (6) months of start date.
Qualifications We Value:
- Master of Science degree in STEM.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Security+ CE certification.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows, Linux (operating systems in desktop and server environments).
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with all Microsoft Windows and Linux systems to quickly return system to operational status.
- Excellent customer service and training skills, including oral and technical written communications.
- Excellent independent problem solving ability of hardware/software issues.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with Virtualization to include VMWare, Hyper-V, vCenter, vSphere, and ESX computing environments
- Demonstrated experience scripting in Windows and Linux
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Location Information: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.