Sr Supplier Quality Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173708BR Date posted 01/11/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Raytheon Missile and Defense’s Supplier Quality team drives process and technology supply base performance improvement through process control, metrics, audits/inspections, and the pursuit for zero escapes to Raytheon operations.
The Sr Supplier Quality Engineer I (SQE) will perform supplier facing quality engineering, in support of assigned Program. The SQE will work across Hardware Management Teams, Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering activities to analyze, control, and improve product quality.
The SQE will:
- Be the primary point of contact for supplier quality strategy and related issues for their assigned program(s)
- Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause and identify significant variances to the technical data packages
- Perform analyses of nonconformities to identify root cause, establish effective containment and elimination plans, and develop/monitor corrective actions
- Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of nonconformities
- Facilitate corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability
- Participate in Program Reviews, Supplier Reviews, and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Analyze and approve proposed engineering, planning changes, test plans, and procedures
- Participate in supplier design reviews, process change reviews, qualification test reviews, supplier audits as well as Test Equipment verification and validation
- Coordinate / publish supplier defect metrics for Corrective Action Board
- Assign quality requirements to purchased parts based upon internal command media and program requirements.
- Review and approve purchased part first article inspection and source inspections.
- Participate in supplier audits.
- Issue and oversee SCARs (Supplier Corrective Action Requests).
- Travel expected < 25%.
- Four (4) or more years of related Quality Engineering, manufacturing or related engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional improvement teams in systemic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
- Skilled in the ability to determine root cause and applicable corrective action (RCCA)
- Experience in development/usage of data/metrics to drive improvement
- Ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials, process discipline and tool control
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance issued by DoD
- Existing Secret Clearance issued by DoD
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
- Level 5 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- Experienced in working with suppliers
- Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Engineering development experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with customers, suppliers, and in a team environment
- SAP and Tableau experience
- GD&T experience
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Engineering, Science, Technology or Mathematics173708
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.