Sr. Quality Engineer - Digital TransformationBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 188337BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The Quality & Mission Assurance (QMA) Digital Transformation and Technology Integration team is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join our team.
The Digital Transformation Quality Engineer will work with leadership and the team to actively support the identification, planning, and implementation of the data and tool strategy for QMA by partnering with functional and mission area subject matter experts across RMD and RTX. The successful candidate will support the digital transformation strategies; analyze business processes; integrate roadmaps; capture and track quality tools; recommend consolidation opportunities with action plans; benchmark software tools; identify improvement opportunities; setup automated dashboards and report functionality; and report progress to all levels of leadership.
As a member of the QMA Digital Transformation and Technology Integration team, the engineer will be expected to be on site periodically at the manufacturing facilitates in Tucson, AZ or Andover, MA.
This position requires strong interpersonal and project management skills and passion to implement change across the businesses. The selected candidate will work cross-functional innovative improvements with high energy and a collaborative nature that can thrive in a fast paced, changing environment that is both structured and unstructured. This will ensure that our goals are aligned for an innovative and integrate digital workplace.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Serve as a key member of the QMA Digital Transformation and Technology Integration team, ensuring successful results with innovative technology, products and services through effective collaboration and alignment to business goals.
- Support the analysis of multiple processes, tools, and sources of data to identify opportunities to automate existing tools return on investment, systemic issues, areas of risk, consolidation opportunities and new industry software solutions.
- Work collaboratively with various functions, businesses, customers, and suppliers to ensure alignment and requirements for digital solutions are planned, communicated, and deployed.
- Work with Digital Technologies to ensure the efficient implementation of new tools and any security risks are adequately addressed.
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Five (5) years relevant experience in Quality / Project Management / Engineering, experience in defining a data/tool strategic roadmap, solutions architecture, project plan development, or DT infrastructure.
- Experience in languages commonly used for data analysis such as Python, R, or SQL.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Tableau, Lumira, MS Power BI, etc.).
- Experience in development of metrics, user guides, roadmaps, and concise reports.
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience in multiple functions or knowledge of cross-functional process intersections.
- Experience in languages commonly used for data analysis (e.g., SQL, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects, Tableau, Lumira, MS Power BI, etc.).
- Demonstrated innovation in developing solutions including strategy, requirements, design, implementation, communication of new processes or tools.
- Demonstrated ability to create representations for executive management consumption.
- Experience using CORE, Lean principles, Software Factory, Industry 4.0, Quality 4.0, APQP, Agile, Scrum, automated testing, virtual inspections, robotics, augmented reality, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) (AI/ML), risk management, data analytics, various analytics platforms, database programming languages, data visualization, data governance, tool governance, tool training, tool communications, and root cause corrective action tools
- Familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, various business systems, and cloud computing environments.
- Innovative and high energy with a breakthrough mindset to seek out and develop new solutions that achieves improved results.
- Forward-leaning entrepreneurial experience and proven skills to influence and work effectively across multi-disciplined areas in ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to proactively anticipate problems, collect and evaluate information from several sources, identifying key issues, recognizing the implications and likely interactions across multiple stakeholders, making and meeting commitments and working to maximize the outcomes across these stakeholders, with qualitative and/or quantitative business results.
- Existing DoD Secret Clearance or higher
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.