Sr Quality Assurance Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173017BR Date posted 12/22/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The ideal candidate will provide in-depth knowledge of Quality Management System requirements and partner with Program leadership to support all phases of the SM-3 IIA program. They will implement continuous program health assessments, improve customer deliverable products/critical processes/systems, and manage customer relationships.
The SM-3 Program Quality Engineer will execute initiatives for all phases of the SM-3 IIA program and work within integrated teams to analyze, control and improve product quality by conducting the following activities:
- Develop partnerships with senior leaders, IPTs, and functions throughout the Program to define steps necessary to implement quality strategies that ensure the highest level of reliability for the MDA system.
- Be able to translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards and operational definitions for the affected performing organizations.
- Analyze/validate measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability over time using various tools including PFMEA, PPVs, SPC, etc.
- Manage the identification, control and implementation of the Program Safety and Mission Critical Supplier List and work with the IPTs to define Key Product/Process Characteristics to ensure proper flow down of requirements.
- Integrate performance and conformance verifications, such as First Articles and audits to confirm contract and drawing compliance throughout value stream processes to prevent quality escapes, optimize throughput and assure on-time delivery of products and services.
- Able to lead and perform root cause analysis, facilitate corrective actions, implement closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability.
Note: This position can be a level G09 or a level G10 based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related Quality Engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional process improvement teams
- Competency in a relevant technical discipline with understanding of system engineering principles and design analysis techniques
- Ability to technically interface with various engineering disciplines
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly technical, dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Ability to identify root cause and initiate/implement effective short-term and long-term corrective actions
- Experience in development and usage of quality metrics that will generate discussions and actions to improve processes, designs, materials or measurement systems.
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and statistical control methodologies
- Ability to comprehend and translate external and internal requirements, customer requirements, and product requirements into product or service quality requirements understood by all stakeholders.
- Customer/partner focused – able to build and maintain effective relationships with MDA, DCMA and industry partners
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Demonstrated capability to define, develop, plan and execute the quality management system
- Demonstrated capability to translate contract and technical requirements into specifications
- Demonstrated capability to analyze processes, product data, variation, and trends. Demonstrated capability to provide knowledge and recommendations on the data.
- Demonstrated capability to develop improvements to requirements, design, processes, measurement or training based on quality engineering analysis
- Demonstrated capability to understand reliability concepts and the effect on total system performance
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
- Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Knowledge in Supplier Quality Engineering, including the applicable PRISM transactions
- Demonstrated knowledge of key process characteristics and ability to implement effective process control techniques in one or more of the following Special Processes:
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications, Level 5 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- Proficient in the use of Pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Analysis of Variation
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
- Proficient in the Configuration Change, Engineering and Risk Review Board processes and knowledgeable in the quality role in these boards
- Prior experience working Tier 2 MDA programs (internal candidates)
Required Education (including Major): B.S. - Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Preferred degree fields are: IE, EE, ME, ChE, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics.
Interim Clearance Required
This position requires an interim secret security clearance before start. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.