Sr. Project Test Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 159099BR Date posted 03/11/2020 City AR State Huntsville Country AL
Project Test Engineers (PTE) are part of a manufacturing team who support the test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including product development, transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. PTE validates and ensures compliance of the prime hardware to technical data package requirements and supporting test equipment. Performs troubleshooting and problem solving of test failures. Identifies opportunities in test processes to improve efficiency, yields, and capacity.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Validate new or modified test equipment for production use.
- Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
- Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
- Initiate improvement of the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
- Perform detailed investigation to drive problem resolution.
- Develop test flows and contribute to test capacity analysis.
- Maintain changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
- Lead in non-routine fault isolation, diagnosis and repair of the product or test equipment.
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings.
- Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to production test specialists and metrology personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop sustaining solutions to routine technical problems
- Knowledge of product and test environment
Senior Electrical Engineer I
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or related Engineering degree
- 5 years of Aerospace or DOD (Department of Defense) experience
- Experience in advanced electronics/electrical engineering, or intermediate mechanical engineering, or intermediate computer programming.
- Experience with interpretation of technical documentation
- Experience with project execution
- Experience with data analysis
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Current Active Security Clearance
- DOD Contract experience
- Experience with hands-on hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience with technical writing
- Available to cover additional shifts including some weekend work
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campus to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 159099
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.