Sr Production Support Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168663BR Date posted 09/17/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes. A candidate willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issues that may arise during production, testing, and integration. Qualified candidates must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF testing and experience debugging complex circuit card assemblies or electro-mechanical systems. Knowledge of RF / microwave devices preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers)
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Performing analog and digital circuit analysis and characterizing and modeling electrical signals of electronics subsystems in simulation
- Identifying and instantiating circuit card and subassembly design updates
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
- Minimum 4 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design or analysis
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- U.S Citizenship Required
- Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, EO or RF Seeker/Sensor, or electronic subsystem including; circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Experience in applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods in achieving production yield improvements
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, MathCad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator(HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS).
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units(IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience with subsystems integration and test
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience managing sub-tier suppliers and resolving supplier production issues
Required Education (including Major):
B.S or M.S in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Systems Engineering degree or related STEM degree
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.