Sr Mechanical Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 159096BR Date posted 03/11/2020 City AR State Huntsville Country AL
Manufacturing Engineers learn production operations and the manufacturing discipline in a controlled environment. They develop manufacturing engineering skills, an understanding of manufacturing (cost, quality, safety and schedule), and Raytheon Missiles & Defense tools. MEs build technical depth in manufacturing processes and are accountable for improvement and optimization.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Leading the design, control, and improvement of the manufacturing process through collaboration within a multi-disciplined team
- Improve cycle time and lead time
- Develop and Implement manufacturing process control and performance monitoring
- Lead improvement projects
- Influence and translate engineering design requirements into manufacturing processes
- Lead hardware defect analysis
- Lead corrective action investigations
- Interact with internal customers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong engineering aptitude and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Technical problem solving
Sr Manufacturing Engineer I
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related Engineering degree
- 5 years of Aerospace or DOD (Department of Defense) experience
- Experience with interpretation of technical documentation
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience leading teams or projects
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience with lean manufacturing
- Experience with technical writing
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance analysis (GD&T)
- Current Active Security Clearance
- Experience as a DOD Contractor
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending time in and around factory areas.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campus to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 159096
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.