Sr. Materials Program Lead IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176848BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The Materials Program Lead will provide Materials Engineering support to programs design reviews, gate reviews, Material Review Board, Change Control Board, Process Change Board, and engineering peer reviews. They will also be responsible for the accuracy of technical output of each assignment, including the Materials Engineering positions based on data and analyses. In addition, they will be responsible for interfacing with other organizations across the RMD Enterprise such as Common Electronic Products, Mission Assurance & Quality, Operations, Reliability, and Supply Chain. Additional experience with Failure Review Boards and/or failure analysis is also helpful.
Key Responsibilities (essential functions):
- Provide Materials Engineering support for Program’s CCB, MRB, PCB, ERB, PMCB
- Ensure peer reviews are conducted and Materials Engineering position aligned with Program deliverable and “One Voice” prior to report distribution
- Manage workload to assure that programs and Materials Engineering team receive the required support consistent with schedule needs
- Lead the Program Team in the following activities:
- The development of trade studies to identify appropriate materials, material properties, and processes
- Benchmark material technologies and methods of materials testing
- Ensure labor costs and estimated completion schedules provided by the Materials Engineering Sections are negotiated, understood and meet product/program commitments
- Resolution of technical and operational problems
- Participate on Failure Investigation Teams to provide technical support
- Be able to present technical position or data results summary to large technical audience (example: MMSTN, TIG, or ERB)
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in
- Materials problem solving; such as process improvements or choosing alternate material or protective coatings to address specific material issues.
- Materials characterization, or production engineering and/or competency with the use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Experience with mechanical and/or chemical analysis methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Materials Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Applied Physics or related field.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Six (6) years of experience in materials problem solving, materials characterization, or production engineering and competency with the use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Working experience with IPDS Gate Reviews, cPDM, assembly drawings, material specifications and military specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to efficiently use MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Extensive experience in program system processes related to Material Review Boards, Material and Process Change Boards, Risk Boards, Engineering Review Boards
- Broad knowledge of materials science with ability to collaborate with SMEs
- Make Materials Engineering decisions for the program based on solid facts and data
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.