Sr IT Systems Administrator , Enterprise Common Classified Team AZBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173447BR Date posted 01/22/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD)
Enterprise Common Classified Team
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that RMD teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support the RMD IT/DT infrastructures around the world.
Systems Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
- Assuring a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Responding to online end user service requests
- Ensuring server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, DAAPM/RMF)
- Research new infrastructure technology trends, assessing their utility and developing concept of operations for deployment within RMD. Maintaining and growing your own technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Identifying new opportunities for using IT to reduce costs in RMD Integrated Defense Systems’ programs, as well as looking for ways to use IT as a competitive advantage for the company Support a Protection Level 2/Multi-Data Set environment
This position is located in Tucson, AZ with potential for domestic travel.
Capped Relocation support is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy.
This position requires an Active US DoD Secret Security Clearance as of Day One of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- 4+ years’ experience with Windows Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2K12 Server, Windows 2K16 server) or strong knowledge of other *nix operating systems (e.g. Red Hat, CentOS)
- At a Grade G08, 2+ years of experience in the aforementioned area(s) along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job
- Experience with data storage and/or data backup technologies
- Active Secret DoD Clearance is required
- US Citizenship is required.
- Good understanding of virtualization, e.g. VMWare, HyperV, Horizon 7 VDI, Profile Unity Nutanix, VMWARE VCSA
- Linux system administration knowledge or experience
- CISSP or Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of starting
- Familiarity with DoD security configuration requirements, hardening procedures and settings
- Ability to Collaborate Effectively
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn new skills and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to take initiative when handed technological challenges and work to devise a solution that can be used across an enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related Discipline
- 8 years of additional relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Systems Administrator I
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.