Sr Industrial Systems Engineer II/Principal Industrial Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 174318BR Date posted 01/21/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
This position can be Sr. Industrial Systems Engineer II or Principal Industrial Systems Engineer depending on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
U.S Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Support the ProModel Discrete Event Simulation (DES) template development and validation, existing factory model conversion, training development and deployment, and future data automation initiative.
- Provide factory DES model troubleshooting support.
- Develop, maintain and provide DES training for current and future software.
- Support the Factory simulation peer review and archiving process.
- Develop or update Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code for new and existing tools.
- Lead special projects that may include, but are not limited to, investigation and implementation of new “off the shelf” or internally developed tools that can be integrated with existing systems; execute simulation projects for the different RMD Functions; update simulation technologies to adapt to future Factory Data Systems/Digital Twins.
- Perform data analysis and utilize problem solving skills for complex engineering challenges.
- Communicate at all levels of the organization to obtain buy-in and implement solutions.
- Provide support for labor standards development and maintenance.
- Possesses systems perspective and focuses on system optimization
- Ability to support multiple simultaneous projects, working alone or in a team setting
- Ability to apply Technical problem solving
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment to develop technical solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sr. Industrial Systems Engineer II
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and 6 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Principal Industrial Systems Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience in discrete event simulation, capacity and manpower planning, 2D/3D drawing skills utilizing a Computer-aided design (CAD) system such as AutoCAD or Microstation, MS Office products
- Experience with performance measurement tools, work measurement and standards applications
- Experience in factory tools such as Value Stream Mapping, line balancing, scheduling
- Experience with data analytics and statistics utilizing tools such as JMP or Minitab
- Experience with Lean principles, Six Sigma or Statistical Process Control (business cases, constraint analysis, value stream mapping, line balancing, DFMA, PFMEA, Waste analysis, Kanban analysis, process mapping, etc.)
- Experience applying business acumen and ability to justify proposed systems
- Proficient in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Proficient in RShare (SharePoint)
- Active DOD Security Clearance
This position involves direct support of the industrial engineers working in the factories and may require working additional hours to meet customer deadlines.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campus to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.174318
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.