Sr. Electronics Packaging Design Engineer - Multi LevelBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 185080BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The Mechanical Products Directorate is searching for an experienced Electronics Packaging Design Engineer to work in our Tucson, AZ location.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, manufacture, integration and test of electronics and interconnect packaging solutions for multiple missile programs.
- Responsible for supervising the definitions of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout and be responsible for final technical data package.
- Familiarity CREO and drawing standards.
- You will also be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for the finished product.
- Work with minimal direction or supervision, while exercising considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment.
- Frequent interaction with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Periodic travel will be required to CCA, interconnect, machining, and flex circuit manufacturing facilities.
- International travel may also be required.
- Mentorship will be expected.
This position can be a (Sr. Electronic Packaging Design Engineer I) or a (Principal Electronic Packaging Design Engineer), based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- For Sr. Electronic Packaging Design Engineer, A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design of electronics packaging for military or aerospace or commercial applications
- For Principal Electronic Packaging Design Engineer, A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design of electronics packaging for military or aerospace or commercial applications
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the design and test of electronics packaging for military or aerospace applications
- Experience with ANSI drawing standards and/or first order or structural analysis techniques.
- Experience with CREO(Pro/E) or similar 3D solid modeling software
- Cognizant of machine suppliers’ capabilities or have direct experience in a manufacturing and assembly support role
- Familiarity with the design and manufacturing processes of CCAs, metal housings, sheet metal
- Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
- Strong leadership skills and project management
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills when working with team members and customers
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.