Senior Modeling Simulation Analysis Engineer II (PS)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166353BR Date posted 08/10/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
- Do you thrive by developing modeling & analysis solutions to solve complex problems?
- Do you have a passion for high fidelity performance simulations?
- Are you prepared to tap into and exercise your leadership qualities?
If your answers are yes, the Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MSA) teams at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) may have an ideal job for you! The Tucson, AZ, facility is searching for several Senior Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer II’s to join a growing team of engineering professionals who share a mission of protecting our war fighters and allies.
The MSA teams within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate provide, develop, and maintain high fidelity performance simulations (including multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, and embedded software), execute system performance analysis (including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation), support new business initiatives and develop & execute technology roadmaps. Our departments’ engineers are versatile, eager to learn, innovative, and self-motivated. Learn more and apply today!
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
The Senior Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer II will work in a team environment on diverse projects providing independently determined approaches and solutions to create high fidelity simulations and models for missile component and system design, performance assessment, and flight test support, trade studies and analysis.
Responsibilities include providing technical and schedule leadership for the simulation products of a specific program, preparation of detailed plans (including task objective, expected output, budget requirements and schedule for projects), and interacting with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products.
Senior Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer II’s will collaborate with Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), signal processing, and other performance analysis personnel to perform simulation activities according to the program schedule.
Please note: We are not seeking engineers with an AutoCAD or 3-D modeling background or network modeling from an IT perspective.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science
- Ten (10) years of applied work experience in the following areas (Masters with 8 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 6 years of experience):
- Programming in a compiled language, such as C++ (preferred), Java, Python, or Fortran
- Experience developing or simulating physical systems
- Past work experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Experience using tools to analyze data sets, such as MATLAB or Python
- Four (4) years of leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Developing signal processing / GNC algorithms or models for missile applications
- Control Hardware Design and Test
- Modeling physics and physical systems as related to flight dynamics
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools (Github, Subversion)
- Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory, optimal control, system architecture, inertial navigation, guidance theory
- Major Gates cycle knowledge (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc.).
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams of varying disciplines and multi-task
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and the development of program schedules
- Current Top Secret Department of Defense Clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 166353
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.